Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Being at the right place at the right time!!

The events that lead me to a permanent job can actually be summarised in one phrase, i.e. being at the right place at the right time.

I however have to say that the stage to prove myself was set by NMIT. I once again take this opportunity to thank Terry and Sonya for leading me there.

Well in terms of job hunting , i was rather taking the conventional approach, like applying for jobs over Seek and other job boards. Tough it didnt land me in a job, it lead me to lot of interviews.

I once again wish to stress the fact that company research is a very important aspect of the OQP course and it need to be done with complete dedication.

Persistence is really important in this climate when lots of people are out in the market looking for jobs. To be honest I must have applied for atleast 500 odd vacancies. The other thing was that my profession is not such a rare field, hence plenty of opening were being posted.

Any ways to conculde, I was offered a position in Canberra by the company i did the 6 weeks placement. Now I am pretty much settled here.

Regards

George Moozhical

1 comment:

  1. Congrats mate, all the very best with your future endeavours.

    ReplyDelete